Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RED SURFACE COLOR WHEN IMPORTING

jbreth

I just loaded MCX2mr2, and Im having the same kind of problem, except it's every time I import

a step. file. I've tred every thing listed above

and even tried changing some of the setings with the software that I designed the part in. nothing seems to work all the surfaces come in red. Any other ideas to fix this problem.

Thanks

Mill Crasher,

Are you using File/Open or File/Merge to bring in the STEP file(s)? Importing as surfaces or solids?

What color is your Mastercam construction color (bottom of the status area) and what color is the part in the CAD package you're creating the STEP file in?

If you haven't sent it to QC yet, I'll be happy to take a look at one of the STEP files, so please cc: me ([email protected]) when you email it in.

Pete,

I bring the step files in by importing the directry to translate the files from step files to mcam files. than I use file open to open up the file, my construction coler is red, I create the files as a solid and bring them in to mcam as a surface file using mcam to convert them.

Here's the weird thing I tried bringing them in as a sat. file which has never worked before, and it worked graet but the parts all came in as No. 10 green. these files are wrote out of Cocreate one space modeling, the parts are orange and light blue. I will send the file to you. thanks