Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

v9 restmill stock resolution

Quickmike

Could someone please explain in detail how the stock resolution in v9 surface restmill works. I looked at the help file but it was not all that clear to me. Best I can tell it looks like it is a cut tolerance for what the "roughing tool " cut to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I am with you Quickmike will be interesting know me too.

BTW did anybody play with machining in compare

leftover hybrid and rest mill for example 3D machining of cavity with fillet in corners.

What better to use for such tasks.

Alexander

This controls the accuracy of the stock representation. The stock is sampled at regular intervals, stock resolution apart. Use a smaller number to have a more accurate representation (which may take longer) or use a larger number to calculate more quickly (but have a coarser stock approximation). The benefit exists if you want speed or accuracy you have the control. Keep in mind this is a roughing routine so if your approximation is set too coarse , there is a possibility of missing areas of stock.