Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dove tail

tooling

I am trying to cut a pocket that has a dovetail on the sides. I roughed the pocket. Now I am trying to cut the dovetail. It is not a nominal angle so I need to surface machine it. I posted it as dovetail.MC8 on the FTP.

[ 04-23-2002, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: tooling ]

you may want to try this out,

I posted a file on the ftp site named dovetail1.mc8.

what I did was create a series of slices off of

the original surfaces. Then used a flowline toolpath.The toolpath would gouge due to the area

that is noted in the file due to the sharp corners.So I went back and added a .255 fillet to

the original geometry.You will not be able to produce a sharp corner where the fillet was added.

The reason is that the flowline command forces the tool to fit in, and where the surfaces intersect, there is a sharp corner.Which will cause a gouge in the part.

Look at the file this might help in what you are lookig for.

tooling please view my file with the same name but added cadcam.

I used the dove tail and added know extra geo and made the tool start away from the wall and used Flow line.

Actully I am going back in to the file should be able to all the wall's this way in one cut. let me try.

It can be done but you do need to adjust the first entry cut.

[ 04-23-2002, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]