Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Drill Cycle - Want to define custom long-code peck drilling cycle

I run across several parts here where i work which require deep drilling. I want to make a custom peck drilling cycle for use on long drills, which follows up after pre-drilling with a stub drill. I want this cycle to rapid into the hole up unto the point at which the drill will start cutting. At this point, the drill will run at the programmed feed rate and will peck (full-retract). I want this cycle to be long-code, since our machines do not have a can-cycle for this kind of thing. It looks that if I were able to modify the control definition to output misc #2 drill as a peck drilling, then I would be able to get what I want. The trouble is, if I change the control definition to output misc #2 in long-code, it posts out the code to simply plunge the drill without peck. Can anyone guide me down the right path?

Thanks,

You could look in your post for this.

This is from old V9 MPMaster.

code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# General Output Settings

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

usecanned : yes #Use canned drilling cycles? Set to no for long output.