Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids help

Surface

I need some help modeling something that looks like the spires in this picture. AFMemorial2.jpg

I thought it could be done as a swept/drafted solid, but there is not an option to draft while sweeping. Then I thought, perhaps I can draft a face, which gave some bad results.

Any ideas?

Create your square or whatever the shape at the bottom (top plane z0)

create your arcshapecontour whatever that would be the main defining contour.(front plane z0)

create your final shape at the top of your contour (top plane Zn)

Make sure that where your along feature startsstops is the same on both topbottom squares otherwise you get screwy results.

Possibly also design from front view, create your shape, extrude the distance and add draft to the sides after that? Might be easier in solidworks. lol

hope that helps a little bit

Andrew

Edit....the first description up there, you would create a surface and then turn it into a solid. I'll see what I can do as far as just using solids.

quote:

Edit....the first description up there, you would create a surface and then turn it into a solid. I'll see what I can do as far as just using solids.

or create a solid block and use boolean remove with the surfaces, iotw remove the surfaces from the solid block and you'll get the spire result