Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MpMaster MR2 Horizontal

DavidB

Thanks In-house for this great post. cheers.gif

A couple of questions.

1. If I post Ops that are all in the Front TC plane the B-axis (B0) is NOT posted, this is dangreous if the B-axis is not at B0 when the program is started, the machine does not rotate the B to zero (front).

2. With HPCC now added if I have say 3 toolpaths all using the same tool I should only need to turn the HPCC on on the first toolpath.

If you turn it on for the first toolpath only it cancels with a G05 P0 before the second toolath starts.

The previous MpMaster I used I added the HPCC codes with help from James and John With there method the HPCC would stay modal until the next tool change.

I had a similar problem with the mpmaster post for V9. It would not post the A0 move when used on a vertical mill if the first toolpath was in the top plane. Read the second paragraph on this link and follow the advice of Dave Thomson where he talks about the forced A move. It should work for mpmastermr2 as well. link

All,

Here's the logic for it. Uncomment out the line shown and you'll get the A0/B0 output. the reason it's here is for 3-axis users.

code:

pwrtt$      # Write tool table, scans entire file, null tools are negative

if rotaxis$ > 0 | rotary_type$ > 0 | mill5$ <> 0,

[

sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

output_z = no$

]

if vmc = 0 & tlplnno$ <> 2, sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

if vmc = 1 & tlplnno$ > 1, sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

#sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x #Uncomment this line to output rotary axis value even when it's not used

Brett

Brett

My post has this.

code:

pwrtt$      # Write tool table, scans entire file, null tools are negative

if rotaxis$ > 0 | rotary_type$ > 0 | mill5$ <> 0,

[

sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

output_z = no$

]

if vmc = 0 & tlplnno$ <> 2, sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

if vmc = 1 & tlplnno$ > 1, sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

#sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x #Uncomment this line to output rotary axis value even when it's not used

if tool_table = 1, ptooltable

if tool_table = 2, ppredtool

if tool_table = 3, pmetatool

if t$ >= zero, tcnt = tcnt + one

ptravel

pwritbuf5

But still No B axis output?

Regarding the HS options now in your post.

Should a group of toolpaths all using the same tool hafe to have the HS option turned on in every tool path? Or can the post be changed so the HS option is on until tool change?

This way only the first toolpath of a group of toolpaths using the same tool needs the Misc value set?

Thanks

I personally prefer no B0 output if using only one work offset. I have 3 Kurakis here and our largest one has no B-axis. This way the programs that do not involve rotating the B-axis will work on all machines (most of our programs).

The operator would have to be a complete dunderhead to not be able to set-up one work offset correctly.

My 2 cents.

Scott