Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

use last in verify

Programinator

I've noticed that too, just never brought it up here. I often change the settings to a cylinder and place it in a certain location to verify.

Sometimes it gets so annoying having to change the settings each time that I just create a stock solid to verify to. Then I can verify to a solid with stock and the finished solid to confirm no baddies are happening. I have to agree though it would be nice to see the settings stay put once you set them.

quote:

is this bothering anyone else?

Shawn,

Yes, this bothers me. Verify remembers the last size about 1 in 15 times. There have been issues with the "remember last" setting for a couple of versions now. Each time, something gets a little better and something a little worse. I haven't had time to report it to QC yet so I've just been dealing with it.

A co-worker said he got sick of it and changed the default to "stock setup." We only use verify on 3D files and not every file gets 3D machining done to it. Now when a 3D file comes up, he fills out the stock setup page. Those numbers stick. Just last week, I started doing this too.

Thad

• 1 year later...

Shawn,

I posted about this back in April. Yes it's a bit frustrating. I changed to always using stock set up in the file propertise and now it is my "normal" method after 10 years of doing it the other way. (use last settings)

I don't have any problems ever calling up the wrong STL file though headscratch.gif

Wonder what's up there?

quote:

I posted about this back in April. Yes it's a bit frustrating. I changed to always using stock set up in the file propertise and now it is my "normal" method after 10 years of doing it the other way. (use last settings)

Good call, I always set the stock size but i just never set it to default to that instead of use last. I could have been avoiding this thing all this time bonk.gif

Thanks