Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CRASHING!!!!!!

Mr. Wizzard

The other night I had it almost every two minutes... Even when I was doing something as simple as adding some line entities.

All three of the machines here have the problem from time to time. I almost expect problems from some of the slower machines, but the one that I use has the following specs:

Intel Duo E6850 - 3GHz

4gig of ram

Quadro FX 1500

XP pro 64bit

-Jake

Hi

I have a lot of crashing problem also, then i realized that.

If click on an icon (in mastercam) more than one or two time, and i don't let the system run, then mastercam crash.

After comparing with my reseller, we realized that. He had the same problem. We don't think about a bug on mastercam.

My work contain a lot of toolpath, sometime 500, in the same file and it slowdown a lot espacially from when i installed MCAM X2MR2

My sysytem is pentium 4 3.80Ghz with 2Go of ram and my video card is quadro fx1400.

Mcammiller -

i doubt this makes you feel any better, but i share your frustration. until today i hadn't had any crashing problems. read your post this morning browsing subjects and now this afternoon; over five crashes in under an hour while trying to modify existing toolpaths with the same 'unhandled exception' error.

i too would be interested in what this means, what has caused it, and how to fix / avoid it.

One thing that has been mentioned in the past, and worked for me, is to make sure the path for your Definitions files are correct.

The best way to check this is to go into the machine def, then control def, then hit save as, not save.

make sure the path is to the new install and save.

then close control def, and do the same to the machine def.

Do it in this order only.

HTH.

thanks for the advice. everything appears to have been set correctly. currently doing exactly what i was doing yesterday . . . but no crashes as yet . . . WTF? only difference is closed and reopened MC. one peculiarity: for fear of crash, i have been saving my work frequently. on one instance, all toolpaths came up dirty. regenerated them quickly and easily, but strange nonetheless.

k

Mcammiller -

did you make any progress on your crashing problem? today i am back to crashing when modifying toolpaths.

anyone-

is there an inherent problem with right clicking, copy and pasting toolpaths in the operations manager? . . . because that is what i am doing. the crash will occur at some point in reselecting geometry on the pasted toolpath.

thanks

k

Hi,

Just to specically explain how mastercam crash.

When i make a backplot with many big toolpath (15 or 20), the scrolling bar of the toolpath window take about 15sec to appear (witch is normal) during this period of time, if i click on the 'run' button( or somewhere else in this area) then mastercam crash.

Is anybody has an idea on how to fix that?

So glad to read this thread. There are three user's where I am at having the same problem. Here are a couple of things I have noticed that helped keep this crash at bay:

1. Keep all windows (other programs/sessions) that you are running minimized, and better still if you can run MasterCAM and nothing else.

2. Take your time clicking your mouse. Speed kills (which is kind of a bummer!).