Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Arc problem

SIG

Fanuc Oi-mc.

The program I am using has been checked but maybe I am missing a code to cut accurately.

On an entry/exit arc the machine seems to start the next block before completing the first.

Its leaving a .001 bump (stock on) while side cutting a standing boss.

I am not using cutter comp just G1, G2/3 w/ I & Js.

Does any one know whats happening and how to fix it?

I need to cut shut off rad's and I am not sure how to do it without using exact stop which would leave a dwell mark?

Thanks.

I know its not an MC ?, but people on this site seem to know alot about fanuc controls.

I can over lap but I was wondering why is this happening? Is the accuracy being compromised at other areas of a simple contour?

I have tried different size leadin/out moves.

I have checked backlash and the entry is at 45 deg.

Thanks for the replys

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

If you don't overlap, you'll always get that cusp. I don't know that it's an accuracy issue or anything like that but if your tool is say u/s by .0005 then you'll get at least a .001 cusp because the tangency point of the entry is not coming in contact with the tnagency point of the exit.

Hope that explaines it a little better.