Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ProE Converter

mman10

Morning all. I was wondering if anybody out there has ever had a problem with their ProE converter. We have 5 identical stations running X MR2/SP2, now one of our stations can't bring in a ProE file. All we get is a blank screen and file shows no entities. All the other stations work fine. I'm stumped any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

We had this problem when our engineering dept. upgraded to wildwire 3. Since then, our conversion works OK. X MR1 worked the best and didn't bring in a lot of junk. X2 MR2 is not very good as it brings in geometry on different levels as well as a bunch of junk. You have to eliminate all the junk on every file you convert. I submitted this to our dealer and they told us it was just a case of the converter not being up to date with ProE. Maybe the next release will be better.

mman10,

A 'Repair' install may be necessary, but I have a couple questions....

Can you open MCXs? (I assume you can)

When you use File/Open to select other file types (like IGES), do they show up?

Has anyone tinkered with the "ImportExport" sub-folder of your Mastercam Install? These are the programs that rule ALL of the non-MCX file importers/exporters.

Has anyone tinkered with the "Common" sub-folder of your Mastercam install? There should be several folders there with names ending in "data" that are crucial to some of our CAD file importers/exporters (incluing Pro/E but not IGES).

• 4 weeks later...

MMan10,

I got your email this morning and I tried to reply but it bounced back for non specific reason. I'll try again, but in the meanwhile, here's what it said...

"...One thing which recently came to our attention is that customers who install the VeriSurf addin c-hooks will have trouble afterwards with Pro/E files. Is that the case with you? Did someone install VeriSurf (an addin for Mastercam but not sold by us)? It includes a Unigraphics file reader and since both UG and Pro/E use the .PRT file extension, there’s a problem. I believe VeriSurf is in the process of correcting it, since they are still in Beta test mode..."