Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Xform Project

3R!< W3NG3R

I have found this works better in this version than past versions. I wonder if maybe you have the wrong C-plane one when trying to project. If you are using WCS and then trying a C-plane and do not have it defined correctly this is going to give you some fits.

John should be able to get you straightened out real quick.

HTH

I have complained here about this since X2 came out. If you start a new MC, and project to surface it will work, but if you use mc for a bit it may or may not work, with a "projection not found" error. Just save and restart and try it again till they fix it. I have to do this several times a day, since I like to use it a lot.

Hum I use 4 different computers and fell lucky I am not seeing this. I do a lot of curve 5 axis toolpaths and project the chains on the surface and do upwards of 40,000 points and it works flawless here. I do however get other problems that some don't so I guess my things that do work are the thing that do not work for you guys and vice verse for me.

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

I would send the file in question to QC and see what they think do a .Z2G so they can see your configration.

There have also been times that I have tried to project geometry onto a surface and had no luck. I've found (just as Randy) to just restart mastercam (after saving the file of coarse) that it will project the 1st time, then some after the fact.

I still remember when our reseller told us we should shut down mastercam at night. I almost never do since I prefer not to chance losing my mill3 seat w/solids to someone else. That must seem cuckoo.gif but it works for me!

Oh yeah maybe it's because I'm still in the stone age with windows 2000.

Eric are you running windows 2000 by chance?