Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Configuration automatically changing

Zbuilder

I launched Windows RDP to access another app on another computer. When I was finished & exiting RDP, the X2 MR2 configuration setting changed, specifically the Auto Highlight became unchecked. Who knows what else happened. mad.gif

Mastercam should not allow another app to make changes !

Did you open Mastercam while you were using the other App. If so then you will get this sometimes. I access files from work and though the 2 set-up are almost the same I do get the one from work over riding the one at home sometimes. Best thing to do is save a back-up copy of your config that way all you have to do is reload it or just resave in the config folder.

HTH

Doesn't seem like your fix applies since I'm not accessing Mastercam anywhere else. Besides, this is not an acceptable fix for a Mastercam app problem. The app programmers need to fix this. This is not the only instance or where things are mysteriously changing or not getting updated.

whow, relax pal. It's just another bug. I post them every now & then to alert the Mcam app programmers 'cause I know they are online here & read these. No need to get all huffy.

The problem reading online post, emails, etc., is that the reader interprets the emotions incorrectly. Take notice that no expletives were used or exclamations, capitals, bold text & others & the graemlins on the site are used for fun.

Sorry, but I think this more of a windows problem than a Mastercam problem. Things like this I have tracked back down to windows permissions, not using XP in the performance mode and having all the bells in whistles on. Are you using Server 2003 on your network? Is is a true Network or a P2P Network without a server? Does the other computer have the same windows updates that your does? Do you have admin rights on all the computers you are working from and going to? Did you report it to qc(at)mastercam(dot)com? If it is a bug report it, but again your configuration is getting hosed, having a backup of that will help save you time and it will work. If you can not reload a config of Mastercam and it work then you got more problems with your computer and your permissions than you do with Mastercam IMHO.

I have WinXP Pro. Graphics set for performance. All that fancy stuff is off. I do have admin permissions on mine & the RDP computer. All updated by IT (they are pretty good keeping up with that). True network (2003 server, Active Directory) but RDP connects directly with the computer. The server doesn't do anything in this regard. 2 gig memory. Dont' believe it's a server issue. The 2 other programmers have similar problem also & whenever something changes it's always Mastercam. It's never another app. Thanks for the heads up for qc(at)mastercam(dot)com. I'll try that next.

One of the other instances I was speaking of is when changing posts thru the Operation Manager or from the top pull down menu, something doesn't get updated correctly & when we post, all the g90 G56 (or G91 G56) lines do not show the G56 (or G57, etc), but if you go to Misc Values & click one or both of the buttons near the bottom & repost, it's correct. Our reseller looked thru our posts. Said it's good.

I see this last problem in older versions of X this version seems to be the most stable with that regard. I do however have the habit of going to the machine def in the operations manager and just clicking on it after doing anything to the Control or Machine def on the Settings page. In older version of X this was so wacky I just got in that habit and solved a lot of my problems.

HTH

quote:

specifically the Auto Highlight became unchecked

My old boss used to complain about this, but I never saw it myself. I know he used some software to be able to access his work computer from home. I think it was "GoToMeeting".

I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Thad