Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Change Position

Wuf Man

We continue to make larger molds, and the tools are getting longer. Therefore the Z direction has become more important. How do you move the parts all the way to the positive X direction to make a tool change? It would be nice to make this a set position, so we would not have to remember where the parts are located during a tool change.

X2, MR2

What machine do you have?

For my Okuma I use G30P1 for my tool change position. I have 1-32 different positions that I can use.

Or in your post you can just hardcode a line just before your M06 that says something like

G00G40Z20.

X-50.

M01

M06

etc....

Use a ref point in your toolpath, or you could us a misc integer set to "0" to output a G28X0. and set to "1" not to output it if you don't want to go there for some reason. If it is an Okuma then you can just change the X position in the Home Position page so it moves before every toolchange; you could also just do this misc int thing with a G00 X100. or soemthing

wuf-man,

you can setup your Haas to do it automatically for every tool. call the applications dept on which setting or parameter...i forgot.

i just use a sub program call for the long ones. on fanuc and haas use G53XnnYnn to use the machine position.:-)