Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

feed rate vs rapid heidenhain

Oppiz

My machine uses a fast feed (F6000) output for rapids. It doesn't have a seperate code to make rapid moves. The problem is when it outputs from a rapid to a feed it doesn't output a feed rate. The only way I can make it not do this to make feed rates nonmodal. This uses up a lot of control memory space. Using v9 modified mpheid post.

[ 05-03-2002, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: OPPIZ ]

You can also tweak the post to use the same feed variable to output the rapid feed.

For instance in a Mpfan based post, in prapidout

feed = 600 (or 6000 if the trailing zero isn't added automatically by your format statement for feed). Add a *feed call to the output post line. Modality will kick in to force the next proper feed output.

OR

Hardcode "F6000" on the prapidout line, then force the next occurrence of feed using the new V9 post feature:

result = force(feed,feed)

In V8, set the prv_feed value to something strange so that modality will kick in on the next output:

prv_feed = c9k

(c9k is initialized to 9999)

Hey - new emoticon for Fridays: cheers.gif

[ 05-03-2002, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

OPPIZ

change pfr to this

pfr # Feedrate

#if fr >= zero, fr2 = fr

#if gcode = zero, fr2 = zero

#if fr2 > zero, strf, fr2

#if fr2 = zero, strf, smax

if fr = -2,

[

if prv_fr <> fr, "F 9999"

prv_fr_pos = -9999

]

else, fr_pos

!fr

and add this to the format statments

fmt F 5 fr_pos

works perfect

This is actually a much more interesting top[ic than it may first appear.

nowadays many machines can move as fast as their rapid travers speed with a G01 fnnnn command, but, Ive noticed that some machines actually operate a lot smother if you use the G01F method rather than a G00.

This I believe is down to the machine not performing an exact stop as it may do with a G01/G00 changeover.

anyone else experenced this?

Changing my post to output a rapid feedrate rather than a G00 may make the machine run smoother and faster. Has anyone else tried this (with success)? If not, I will give it a try and report my findings back to the forum. It is worth the try.