Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 AXIS QUESTION

Greg_J

Hi,

I am using my 4th axis to make a part with 4 sides, nothing special there but when I post the top view, I post it on its own it won't put the A0 in the program. Also when I group post opperations from other sides it calls it A0(top) and it calls what should be A90 A0, it's my back view. Any ideas what might be the problem.

Thanks,

Greg headscratch.gif

No all my WCS are in the Top plane and my T-plane and in the coresponding G-view's. When I brought in my model I had to rotate it, and I am using Top, Bottom, Front and Back. Do I need to use Right and Left to get the right angle? I mean does MC use for example Top A0, Front A90, Bottom A180 and Back A270.

Greg

you need to go into your planes if you are using the MPFAN or any based posts and set them to 0 or whatever offset you'd like. If you are using an MPMaster based post there is an MI variable that will lock it to one offset

Since I am not sure of the version. I am going off of X2MR2SP1 you can right click and change work offets. Use the dialog box and change them all to your liking. You will get a pop up that say same offset used in different view just ignore this stupid pop up. The planes are different and still getting A0 for all. I use Top,Front,Back,Bottom for a Vertical 4th axis and Front,Right,Left,Back for a Horizontal. If you are still stuck share a file doing something similar if you can not share your part and we will see if we can help you through it.

HTH

click on the misc values button on your toolpath parameters tab of your first operation, there should be a box set to accept a value to lock your work offset to the first offer, I believe it is Misc Int 9

John,

You are correct it is Misc Int 9 to lock on first WCS.

In my mpmaster post for V9 I did the following to universally lock on to G54.

To universally lock on to G54, in psof change:

code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sav_mi9 = mi9 sav_workofs = workofs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to:

code:

sav_mi9 = 1 sav_workofs = 0

After doing this I never had to use a Misc Int and always get G54 with any rotation move.

I have since updated the post to an MCX2MR2 post and it still works the same.

When I get some free time I want to try the same method with the MPMASTER for X2 and see if it works. Has anyone used this method with the latest MPMASTER for X2MR2.

Greg,

The default Back and Bottom planes have the X positive axis reversed from the standard top view. You need to take Top, do a Planes - Rotate planes, and rotate about X 180 degrees. Save this as A 180. Then set your planes back to Top and Rotate about X 270, and save it as A 270.

The reason you have to create two new planes is that Mastercam is setup for Horizontal rotation by default. If you are programming a horizontal mill, Top would be your WCS and Front would be B0, Right - B90, Back - B180, and Left B270.

To force the A output, look in the pheader section of your post for the following lines:

code:

sav_rot_on_x = 0

Change it to this:

code:

sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

rot_on_x = 1

Hi,

Thanks for the replys, I changed my Misc Int 9 to 1 and it solved my offset problem. Now I am working on my rotation problem. I am using a verticle machine and it has a 4th axis on the left side of the machine. My WCS is my Top and A0 my Bottom posts as A180 and my Front Posts as A90 and my Back posts as A0, and that is where the problem is. Colin I'll give your suggestion a try, give me afew minutes and I'll let you know how it went. I'll start with editing the post.

Greg

Can anyone give me a hand with this topic?

I rotary is not posting the proper angles, it will do some sides of my part right but others it post out A0 for everything. Basically I need to index to a side and do the work using one workoffset. I have 4 sides and one extra angle for some holes at a 250 deg angle.

Your help is much appreciated!

Greg