Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 MR2 crashing upon opening

wgd

I am running a Dell M90 at work, I will check what driver mine is using. My system has been rock stable, we had another one, though, same computer, they changed the vid card, nothing, they changed the memory and that seems to have stabilized it, so it looks like that one was a RAM issue

I downloaded the latest driver for my Quadro FX540 I set a restore point before installing. I'm glad i did! Mastercam wouldn't even completely load using that driver. I'd just get the Mastercam's send an "Error Report" dialogue frown.gif so I'm back to where I was. I'm not going to worry to much about this anymore, my new box is being ordered next week:

Core 2 Quad Q6600

ASUS S775 P5E3 Core 2 board

4 Gig ram (realising the limitations running 32bit op)

Quadro FX 1700

XP pro

Any comments on this config much appreciated before I place the order smile.gif

We tried the 158.63 drivers and it did the same thing.

The new twist is if you open the file it will crash Mastercam, but if you have a blank screen and merge the file it opens with no problem.

Only 1 computer out of 3 is having this issue. We checked our video settings and all 3 are running everything the same. The files that are crashing are from several other users and an outside vendor.

Any other ideas?

quote:

Only 1 computer out of 3 is having this issue. We checked our video settings and all 3 are running everything the same. The files that are crashing are from several other users and an outside vendor.

Any other ideas?

Try closing Mastercam and deleting the config file

out of the config folder.

Whenyou restart Mastercam, it will generate a new default config file.

also.. upgrade to MR2_SP1 if you havn't already done so.