Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Industrial Tool Supply owner killed in auto accident

chris m

For those of you in my area, some sad news today. Larry Belodeau, the owner of Industrial Tool Supply in Lowell, MA, lost his life this morning in an automobile accident. Larry was a real character and a great guy and I will mourn the loss of his personality and sense of humor.

RIP Larry, you'll be missed.

C

[ 01-28-2008, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

I've been OK; still working some issues with my knees but on the whole getting better.

Calling Larry my friend would feel good, but is not really the truth. I saw him pretty much every week in my shop, I've had lunch with him a few times over the years and worked with him on some big buys [for us, anyway] during our relationship, and I knew him for 10 years or so professionally, but 'friend' is a strong word for me so I don't think it truly applies. That being said, and Brendan can certainly attest to this, Larry was just a truly good guy who made everyone feel like a friend to him, even if you didn't know him in your 'outside lives', and we will all miss that.

Here's the news story:

Pelham, N.H., man killed in I-495 crash

By Courtney Paquette, Staff writer

ANDOVER — A Pelham, N.H., man was killed in a three-car crash on Interstate 495 North this morning.

Lawrence Belodeau, 57, was a passenger in a car driven by Mark Neskey, 33, also of Pelham. The two were driving to work when a pickup truck driven by Stephen Hollins, 42, of Franklin, N.H., slammed into the Honda Civic they were riding in, state police said. The crash occurred at 7:25 a.m.

Traffic had slowed in the highway's right lane near Exit 40A where I-495 merges with Interstate 93, and Hollins couldn't stop before his truck crashed into Neskey's car, police said. The impact shot the Civic across three lanes of traffic before it came to rest in the median. It wasn't struck by any other cars as it skidded across the highway, police said.

Hollins' truck continued to travel forward in the right lane until it struck a Saturn Vue driven by Angela Klein, 31, of Nashua, N.H., police said.

It is unclear whether Belodeau was wearing a seat belt, state Trooper Eric Benson said. Belodeau was not thrown from the car. He was taken to Lawrence General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

Hollins, Neskey and Klein suffered minor injuries and were taken to Lawrence General Hospital. Neskey and Klein were wearing seat belts, police said. It's unclear whether Hollins was wearing one.

The crash forced the closure of all northbound lanes of I-495 for 15 minutes. The two right lanes of I-495 remained closed for nearly two hours.

The Andover Fire Department and MassHighway helped troopers at the scene.

Well, that is good to know. It just would sukk a lot worse if not wearing one was a factor. ...

Sounds like just one of those things that no one has control over. Destiny you might call it, I dont know. I try to live life to the fullist cause there aint no way ya can take it wit ya.

I am going to miss him dearly. He truly was a tool rep that personally cared about making you happy!

Not sure what is going to happen with Industrial, but I sure wont feel the same calling in an order.....

A couple of years ago, he funded a great lunchen spread at my place of employment.

Chris, thank you for posting that link to the obituary and funeral arrangements. I forwarded it to some of the people in the industry who knew Larry over the years.

Like you, Larry and I, foremost, had a business relationship, and we left it at that. When we talked , Larry would inquire about my family and tell me about his.

I always sensed he inquired because he was interested. I think that is one of the reasons I consider him a friend.

When I started my own shop, Larry was still working out of his car. I had just purchased a used machine and shipped it from Wisconsin. Larry was working on getting a lease at the present location of Industrial Tool.

Money was tight for both of us, yet I needed toolholders, vices ect.

I said, "Larry, I don't know if I can pay you in 30 days." As we loaded my truck he said, "Do what you can."

I've never sat in his car or he didn't fund a lunch for me, but he helped me when I needed it when most others wouldn't. He did because he knew people their history and their stories.

He was a special guy.

John, Brendan used to have a machine of his own with a little side business and Larry treated him the same way. I always threw the one-time business I could at Larry because he needed the business and he always treated me very well personally and dealt very fairly with our company. Just to show people what kind of man he was, our receptionists [who saw Larry every week] were truly saddened to hear about what happened to him. He treated absolutely everyone with respect and kindness, whether he was personally doing business with them or not.

C