Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RHINO SPLINE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

jerms

Hello,

I am looking for some answers. I work for a lrg. boat company. The engineers use Rhino. I have had some major issues with the splines, when i regen. the system locks up or takes 10-15 minutes to compute. I cannot back plot either. Does any one else have the same results? Do i have the system config set wrong. Every thing i have read about rhino is that it works great with MCX. Is there anything i should know?

thanks for your help

[email protected]

jerms

It sounds like the splines are "heavy". In Rhino you can rebuild splines to a tolerance (edit-rebuild, then pick problem splines). If I use a digitizer in drag mode it will create a spline with thousands of control points, then after rebuilding it it may have 25 points and still within .001 of original curve.

Analyze the problem spline in mastercam and see how many control points it has. Mastercam also has a tool for simplifing splines.

thanks guys. i have tried several different scenarios. i found that if i import the file using the "default" iges translator it helps. i converted the splines to lines, put a contour to it then saved the back plot geo, then offset the contour. with that i had the arcs and lines i was looking for. i also had an issue with the post, it would not create the g2/g3 code so after 3 hrs of compring posts i got the result that i needed. it was imperative that i had the arcs because the splines would slow down so much that the material that i'm cutting would catch fire. sweet!

well thanks you all for your support

jerms