Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Veriprobe or Camio Studio

MAW

• 4 weeks later...

Ron,

All I have heard around here is that veriprobe is not the way to go. Our rep will not sell veriprobe but will sell verisurf which we just bought for the faro arm. Our CMM programmer just left to go make more money down the street. So I got moved out of programming into this for now. The Camio software is really limited.

We have two LKs and one Brown and Sharpe. Yea we program with camio studio but it is really limited on what you can do with it. If you have to do anything with the model you do it in Catia or Mastercam. If you miss something if have to start over.

I used to program an LK CMM using Verisurf and a simple VB routine that was written by the guy I worked with. I was easier and faster than using Camio. He is still doing it and has been for over 10 years. Currently, he is using LKDmis 5.2.2. He does all the point data in Verisurf and exportthem out to a csv file. He then runs the vb routine within his program which goes and uses the csv files. Call us up and we can see what we can do for you. We can also talk to you about how to best utilize the arm.

Ron and Tim,

I want to thank you for your help on the matter with verisurf. I guess the fast food workers with 6 months experience in aerospace won out on keeping junk Camio. I no nothing after 15 years except to keep my mouth shut and not help out anymore.