Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Patch Update

TheePres

I incorporated all the patches on this site for version 8.0. 2 problems have arised:

1. Can no longer do Open Pocket Routine, with island avoidance.

2. In Surface,Rough,Pocket- As I enter rough parameters get errors: message 21-28 or so cannot be found in (msurf_surface_dlg)??

Ok my plan is to reinstall MasterCam, and my question is; wich patches and in what order should be installed? Would Add-ons with current patches update all??

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Install 8.1.1 then get latest V8_Addons with Patches. If you have 8.1, go to Mastercam's site to get the 8.1 to 8.1.1 then install the add-ons.

JM2C

Isn't 8.1.1 available complete on a cd now? I'm almost sure they sent me one after I called complaining that my install disk was scratchy. That way you don't have to download every time bad luck prompts a fresh install. wink.gif

Jamman,

There is a disk with V8.1.1 complete on it to go from V8.0 to V8.1.1 but wouldn't you rather use V9.0 SP1?

TheePres,

V8.1.1 does support island avoidance with Open Pockets in 2-D pocketing. Turn off the "Use Open Pocket Roughing Method" switch in the Open pocket button. Choose your own roughing method from the Rough/Finish tab in the operation.

As far as the surface-rough-pocket goes, what are the exact error messages? Installing V8.1.1 with all the patches should take care of any error messages you've been experiencing. If you don't have the disk, ask your reseller for it. All the point releases are free of charge. HTH smile.gif