Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SIM shut down on maintenance?

dvaliket

Hi,

I'm in Orange County CA and we have Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1 Mill Level 3 with Solids, Lathe, and maintenance.

We had an evaluation on the 5-axis module for a couple weeks and that ran out today, now I have NO MASTERCAM.

Is there anything that can be done to get through until Monday? What do people do during emergencies like this?

Thanks, Dave

I couldn't find the earlier code, must be on an older computer. I tested the hasp and it says the maintenance ran out 3/15/08 but we just paid 1/28/08. I thought when maintenance ran out you could still use Mastercam, just without new updates. This SIM was on V8 for a couple years when it wasn't being used but it would at least still run V8.

When you paid maintenance they gave you 30 day codes. Once the checks and dust settle they give

you permanent codes.

You may have a set of permananent codes rattling around in an Inbox somewhere already.

Otherwise, you'll have to get in touch with

your dealer in the morning.

Gcode, he got temp codes not for maintenance but for a trial of 5-axis module, this acts as permanent temp codes that will shut down.

dvaliket, make sure you have the last codes that had the latest maintenance on it.

if not call Maurice at the office he will get them for you.

quote:

he got temp codes not for maintenance but for a trial of 5-axis module,

we see guys with this problem all the time..

You should send a backup copy of the old permanent

codes along with the trial codes. That way

your customer can easily reset his SIM when the trial priod is over. Most people load new coded on thier SIM and forget about it... 6 months

later, they have no clue where those codes are.