Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR1 to MR2

mxdan

we have purchased Mastercam Art, I have two versions of mastercam, MR1 and MR2 seperate from eachother, MR1 was giving me too many crash issues so we installed MR2. anyway, my art went into MR1 how can I take it out of there and put it into MR2 ?? Does all this make sence?

Thanks

I got the install code, that is how I got it turned on but, Its on in MR1 and not MR2, I was told not to combine the two(MR1 MR2) to keep them seperate from each other(thus the crashing issues I was having in MR1 would not effect MR2)

I do not use MR1 anymore it just kinda hides there in the back of my computer.

art.png

If you don't have that tab, there was a hack posted to disable the Art tab, might you have used it?

If not, move your config file to a different folder and restart MCAM, let it create a new one. If that doesn't work I would attempt a repair install

I have the art tab in my operations manager but it does not do anything. In MR1 at the top of my screen I have the word (Art) between Screen and Settings, and it works, actually I have been playing with it, but just when I get too envolved

MR1 will crash ,unexplanable, its a mystery, thats why I got away from MR1 and installed MR2

and have had no issues but the word (Art) is not at the top of my screen in MR2. Are ya confused yet?

I installed X2 MR2 SP1 on a new computer a few weeks ago. The Art tab is Between Screen and Settings just like you have on MR1 and it works fine. If you run a short cut from the desktop to start Mastercam go in the properties of the shortcut and place a space/a after the exe in the target box.