Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post out WCS

robert turner

Hi,

I am using a 6 Axis vertical machine .

XYZ normal, AC are in the head, and U is a trunion table along the X axis.

I program full 5-axis using the head and this works. Then i want to index U say 90deg and program some more.

Using WCS and rotating about X i can program all day but i dont know where to pick up the U rotation form and post this out.

Post remaps TOP to the new WCS and posts all the right AC rotations code but no "U" rotation

Is there a varaiable for WCS rotations from TOP WCS

Thank you for any help.

I would say a custom post might, seeing how Mastercam is really a 5 axis software and you are asking for 6 axis output You probably have a post designed for that support. To have it support 6 axis I think you will have to add logic, variable, condition statements and other things. If you know they are indexes and not full 6 axis moves I would probably add a mi integer to the post and have it output that value to cheat a U axis output. To have it read it from the NCI code and output I do not think is possible since Mastercam only output 5 axis of information in the NCI. You are now asking for 6 and I just do not think it has enough coming out of the NCI to capture that.

HTH