Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface finish blend "twisting"

specprogrammer

I dont use blend very often. I usually use flowline but due to surface normal directional issues I'm using it today. So I have a drafted rib that has a radius all around the top and a fillet at the floor. I Chained the boundaries, started the chains in the same place, and the resulting toolpath looks like its twisted or overlapping at the ends. How do I get it to appear more like what I'm used to with flowline?

You got a sample file??? Many things did you try messing with the advanced settings? Have you looked at the HST toolpaths to see if maybe one of them will do a better job? Can you project a toolpath instead of using blend? Have you looked at curve 5 axis using chains and just telling it a 3 axis output? Many ways to skin this cat, but without really seeing it all are guess at this point.

HTH