Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

communication proceedure

Ditchpanther

Hi,

I am running a Mori Seiki Accumill 4000 and I want to use MasterCam as the controler. By this I mean I want to run the program straight from Mastercam. The memory on the Accumill is too small for the programs I would like to run and I was wondering if I can use MasterCam as a suedo memory for the machine. This would mean not downloading to the machine but finding and running the program straight from the computer. Is this possible? If so, how do I go about doing it.

Thanks for any information

Ditch

It is called drip feeding and yes it can do it. The machine has to be set-up and the session of Mastercam communicator has to be set-up. You need the correct cable. If you are sending programs to the machine now using Mastercam you should now be able to drip feed as well. Though you do have Cimco loaded in Mastercam and I think it does a better job for one machine that Mastercam does that way you do not effect Mastercam while drip feeding a machine. I also recommend using a different computer than the one you program that way in case of shut down or reboot on that computer it does not effect the machine running.

HTH

Well you put the machine in some type of tape mode. Then you hit the green button depending on the machine. Then you go to the computer. to send the program. What I always did was put a M00 at the start of the program that way the machine would not take off without me there. Then the machine should run the program and it will feed the machine from the computer you are suing. What most people do is a get a cheap laptop for this so they can keep the cable short and not worry about the machine running the program faster than what the computer can send it. What do you have your baud rate at on each machine? They need to be the same. The book should also tell you where to set the other parameters at for the machine as well as the program that is communicating to the machine or maybe called host in your book.

Linky

Linky2

Great explaintion of the process here.

HTH