Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

slow nethasp

Jaz

We have several MasterCam workstations on a nethasp. As our company has grown the network has become slow and MasterCam's responsiveness has declined. This is particularly noticable when going into toolpaths' parameters to make changes. I am guessing this has something to do with MasterCam checking to see if you have a license available. Does anybody know what can be done to alleviate this click-and-wait scenario?

A license server doesn't even need to be 'Server'. It can be a PC on the network usually in a more secure area to protect loss of the HASP. If the network itself is getting overloaded,or you are trying to read and write code to a network location instead of local, you might just be running out of system HP. I had a school with similar issues but they were buried under about 6 or 7 subnets. Put the key on the teacher's PC and fixed the issue.

The key is on its own PC server. I believe that the network is simply overloaded and can't route requests qiickly enough. I have heard that upgrades for the network are in the works but what has happened in the past is any upgrade would have been adequate a year ago when it was first requested. I will investigate the possibility of MasterCam looking for other information (tool libraries).