Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation Manager / Speed and Feed

Robert Bell

Thanks for the reply, I believe I should have been more specific about problem.

When I have modified the feed and speed for an operation which does not match the feed and speed in the tool setup (using the same tool in different operatons, diff purposes etc.) and I move the operation the feed and speed are changed back to tool defaults after move regardless of the answer I give when asked "Do you want to use existing tool or create a new one".

I would like to know if possible if I can move an operation without losing/changing data.

Thank You in advance. RB

Your feed and speed are always coming from the tool settings so anytime you mod something it gets the feed and speed from the tool. This is under tool settings in the ops manager. I dont know which setting to choose, so you will have to work that one out for yourself, sorry. My version is in German..

Robert,

If I understand you correctly you can't do that.

Every time you change the speed and/or feed of the tool and copy this operations in order to reuse the tool with your "tweaked" settings the speeds/feeds will go back to either "from tool" or from "defaults".

There is no way around it that I know of, and I wish there was, because I copy a lot of operations also and would like the tool to retain it's original "pre-copy" setting

cheers.gif

Go to operations manager, select any operation, change the feed and/or rpm in toolpath parameters. now select only the modified operation, right click,copy, move insertion arrow somewhere, right click ,paste. when asked if you want to use existing tool or create a new one select NO to create a new tool. open parameters, there will now be two tools with same tool #, the feed rates etc will be exactly the same as original operation before mod.

Why create a new tool exactly the same? It should be using modified feed etc. for that operation unless i select yes to use existing tool. Asking the question seems meaningless otherwise.

My tool settings are from tool

Duplicate tool and other warnings are not checked.

right clicking and dragging the operation will not always generate the question and feed etc are changed this way as well.

Thanks again RB