Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why is Mazak better than Haas?

1320feet

I purchased a Haas VF6 last year and got a Tsudakoma TRNC301 tilting rotary last year and we love it. We mostly do 5 axis drilling in Inconel sheet metal components. For milling ingots however, I would have pushed for Matsuura or Okuma. The Haas has been reliable for our application, but not at my previous position that had the Haas cutting inconel and shuddering the whole time. The owner brought in someone from our HFO and he asked what I thought of the machines. I said" I feel the machines are very friendly to operators and are a bang for the buck, but for cutting nickel steel, I would take that old Okuma 5VA over any Haas, any day of the week". His response was that most of their customers only cut brass or aluminum.

Like someone else said, you get what you pay for, and I still feel Haas is worth what they cost

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Haas cutting inconel and shuddering the whole time

Heres where methods and machinest come into play when i here about hass type machines not ridged enough for the exotics out there i say insteed of deep ruffing with hog mills how about high feed processes light cuts .025 deep at fast feed rates 250. ipm it clears out chips fast and dosnt beat up the machines thats some of the things we do here on our haas machines cutting 316 stainless steel