Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

My lead-in/lead-out, how do I get it to chain the way I want?

Kawpattie

Hello. I have a start line that I have extended out past the edge of the material. This leads into a multi-radiused contour that ends with a lead-out of 1 degree more than the lead-in line. When I try to chain them it just ignores the first half of the lead-in line and ignores lead-out line altogether! Can anyone help me? Stephanie Richards

Stephanie,

If I understand your post correctly, I believe your having that problem because your lines cross?

If that's the situation trim at least one back the way it was so they don't crisscross and use the lead in/lead out tab in the contour parameters.

Yep, Eric has it nailed. The infinite look ahead switch is used to prevent gouging in areas of a contour where there is not enough room to fit a tool into some features. Mastercam will delete the motion where the toolpath "crosses over" itself. Unfortunately, this means that it won't let you create a toolpath that crosses over itself without unchecking that toggle button.

Be careful when you do this though, as it changes the behavior of the contour toolpath, sometimes with unintended concequences.