Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify and backplotting questions

Jason B.

I'll start with my verify question:

When I set up boundaries in my verify options dialog box, I always use (and always have used) "pick stock corners" and have it set to "use last size". The problem is it never remembers the last size. Sometimes it comes up with some numbers that aren't the correct ones, sometimes it comes up with zeros and sometimes it comes up with simbols. (I don't remember if they were dollar signs or question marks)Is this a bug? Does anyone else get this?

The next question I have is about the backplot dialog box:

Is there any way to keep it from opening in the middle of my screen and making me move it every time I want to backplot something? I'm hoping there is a setting to lock it into a position somewhere else on my screen.

Jason,

The way I set up my stock for verify.

1. Select properties from the operation manager

2. Select stock set up

3. For shape select rectangle

4. Then select stock corners

5. Save your file

Once I set it up this way it never changes unless I go into the verify settings and select another stock shape such as "File" or "Solid".

I have found it is better to set up you stock from the operations manager than from inside verify.

HTH

John -

I have not upgraded my sig yet. Sorry for the confusion. This is happening to me with X2 MR2 SP1. It refuses to remember where I put the backplot window and the parameter window when I open parameters. In fact, every dialog box I can open will open directly in the center of my screen, every time, regardless of where I have just moved it to.

Justin & Thad - I do realize that way of setting up stock. I have been using verify since it has become available (I think version 6 but not sure) and it has become such a process of how I do things that it is hard to change. But if this is the only way to work around what I am assuming is a bug then I will have to adjust. Does anyone know if this is being adressed as a bug and being fixed for X3?

Thank you guys for your input. It's all helpful.

quote:

I do realize that way of setting up stock. I have been using verify since it has become available (I think version 6 but not sure) and it has become such a process of how I do things that it is hard to change.

I feel your pain, bro. I was the same way until it FINALLY pissed me off for the last time and I changed methods. frown.gif Now this new method is my regular method. smile.gif

Thad

quote:

It refuses to remember where I put the backplot window and the parameter window when I open parameters. In fact, every dialog box I can open will open directly in the center of my screen, every time, regardless of where I have just moved it to.

There is a setting in your Nvidia setting for this. you must have it enabled, look through your setting to see if you can find it

OK, I've looked through my Nvidia settings but nothing jumps out at me as to pertaining to this issue. I have a Quadro FX 1600M. If anyone knows where I should be looking please join in and let me/us know.

As for the Verify settings...... well, I guess I'll just have to get used to the new way of doing things. In reality, it isn't any different then the rest of Mastercam that someone like me, who used it for more than 10 years before version "X" came out and had to learn it all over again.

Justin - Quote "I have found it is better to set up your stock from the operations manager than from inside verify."

I guess I have never found it to be better for my particular appications. In fact, sometimes I like to just pick different stock corners to verify just a portion of what I am programming. So if I just want to verify a small portion of my operations with a small portion of my stock, it is always better and easier to just use the settings inside verify and have it "remember last stock size" until I choose to change it. With this feature broken, I will have no choice but to use the other method and save it in my stock set up and keep changing and resaving it every time I want it to be different.

Thanks for the input guys. Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the dialogue boxes from popping up directly in the middle of my screen every time I open them regardless of where I put them?

It has been suggested that there is a setting in my video card but I can not find anything for that setting.

Right click on your desktop and click on nview properties. Click on "Setup Wizard". Follow the prompts until you get to the one that asks if you want to reposition dialog boxes. Click No. This will allow Windoze to remember where you want them.

HTH