Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam--X2 Diameter arc drilling mask

ElCabio

Hello,

Thanks In advance. I need help with order of steps in picking a mask for a diameter on a face for driling holes.

Or what ii the easiest way to pick a bunch of holes that are loccated on the same face or solid as a bunch of other diameter holes?

I have another questin also;

What is the fastest ram I can use with my hp zd 8201 laptop. 256meg video card.

I'd like to max out @ 4 gig of the fastest ram, what is the fastest processor for my laptop aswell.

phone calls are ok but texts are better because this is urgent. 734 624 7104.

cheers.gif

I will try "Screen, Combine views". I have only tried mask, only, arc, 7mm Diameter.

I would love a pick where I can: toolpath, drill, only, mask on arc, surface, only diameter, enter, or done.

Thanks for the Welcoming, I hope to actively participate now that I am a member.

I will report my findings at end of today.

No luck here. I'm running in a dual xeon with 4 gig ram and it's slow with a 60meg file.

I like the mask pick on version 8, But the same pick on x2 does not work, also the feature recognition boggs the computer even more.

Sometimes I wait 10 Minutes just to have 60 hole recognized.

I'm not happy with the x2 right now.

Will try again tommarow.

quote:

I would love a pick where I can: toolpath, drill, only, mask on arc, surface, only diameter, enter, or done.

Not exactly word for word, but that's what mask on arc does. When you select your drill points, look for the "Mask on arc" button. It'll allow you to pick an arc on the screen to mask for that size, choose your search area, and MC will find them. Screen-Combine views should be done prior to all of this. If you forget, you'll find that MC may not find all the holes when searching.

Thad

Mind you, if you are doing holes at multiple "B" angles, as you stated in your email to me, you will have to create planes for those angles. This can be done if you know your angles by rotating your TOP plane around your Y axis to the correct angles and saving the plane. You then set your WCS to TOP and your planes to the correct drilling plane and create your drill path.

For quicker options.....

If they are equally spaced around the B axis, you can use tool path >> transform.

Another option if you have it available to you is use 5 axis drill.

The holeaxis chook can help you to create axis lines very quickly for those holes as well.

Thanks for all the friendly advise.

Originally I posted here because the arc mask only diameter was and is still not working on my computer @ work.

It will highlight only those holes which I sk for I mask, then wheb there are highlighted I can see them clearly and toolpath, drill, pick those holes and been somehtdne except depth and starting point.

As for the angles holes, that's long process ofmtching the planes nd wcs to the holes individualy and then analyzing the angle fm center rotation, then making my wcs z match or be pependicur to that line.

I never had to do this yet in mastercam. Now that I have, I'm wondering hy I'm using it instead of unigraphics, mostlikley $$$$.

Imnt giving up on mastercam,but I'm disappointed in that it doesn't hve a pickim looking for for a part with center rotation and abiity to quicklt pick angled holes around a B axis

quote:

This forum is gonna be a friend to me on that note.

Absolutely, there is a great wealth of knowledge and people willing to share it. We can show you how to accomplish a great many different things, some basic user knowledge however will make that A LOT EASIER.

cheers.gif