Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

B outputs on post

Hi all

On our horizontal the setup guy would like the B rotation outputs to be b0, b90, b180, b-90 so he does not have a windup on the b axis. I have set the MD b axis to shortest direction but it still wants to post from b0 to b270 not b-90. any suggestions? would it be in the post or in the MD. I have tried the the travel limits in the MD from 0-360, -180 to 180. The post i'm using is mpmaster_makino.

thank you in advance

I don't "think" there is any available logic to calculate the shortest distance as you describe. 180 degrees is a 180 degrees

If someone offers some up, I'll be interested myself in seeing it.

I'll have to do some digging in my post but our Okuma post are set up to calculate shortest distance for rotation since they require M15 and M16's to tell them wether to rotate Clockwise or Counter clockwise..

Example if I'm at B5 and need to got to B0 and the program doesn't tell it M16 then the dang tombstone will rotate 355 deg's instead of -5.

Give me a lil time I'll post something this afternoon if no one else has.. My break has ended.

The biggest problem I have is with the operator who may not understand what he is talking about and he has gone to my boss to make me output the cody the way he wants to see it.

It sucks being the middle man on this.

His problem is I machine a part @ 0° then rotate to 90° and then rotate to 270° to machine the 3rd face. what the setup guy wants to see it go from 0 to 90 and then to -90.

I am privy to this sort of thing in my shop. Guy doesnt like the program that I make so he goes to the boss and says 'I want this here and this down here and this up here...' ect. It annoys me to no end that they side with the less experienced 'know it all' instead of worrying about other things that are important...like RUNNING THE PART!!!!

grr...Anyways, I would stand your ground and give a good 'this is not industry standard' talk and feed him a good story about how the next guy after they fire him wont understand biggrin.gif

I would like to say that.

Since I just got MasterCam about 3 month ago and work on one project for about a month and a half ago, and worked with 1 setup guy and 2 machines. The rest of the floor is finnaly starting to see the g code produced from it. We have been using a program called "g-zero" for about 15 years and all the posts where dialed in, and now I'm trying to dial in posts as quickly as possable. My other problem is the programer that we had for g-zero they put back on the floor and now he is making a nightmare situation with all the bad mouthing he is doing. I said if you want want to come over and use mastercam be my guest, his problem is he still struggles with auto cad. It just the growing pains of going from a conversational programming software to a cad based software.

Wow, that's unfortunate. So how do they want to determine the direction for rotation? If it's 180 degrees either way will cause as much motion, or would they like to restrict motion between -180 and 180 degrees? If that's the case you can add a little while statement in the pxyzcout post block, if you don't have access there, it could even go in the pcout and pfcout post block.

Just something like:

code:

while cabs > 180, cabs = cabs - 360

while cabs < -180, cabs = cabs + 360

That would be the only way to "hack" it, the rotary axis values that are used in the post are output by mastercam, so there's no super clean way of doing it.

Now I know I need a vaction. The program I posted before I added Chris's statement changed all the G0 moves to G1. So I think ah @!#?. So I close mastercam and reopen it and repost the program and now all the G0's and G1's are right except for one line in the middle of the program. The funny thing is this is about the 10th tool in of about 15 tools. before and after this are fine.

T16

(TOOLPATH - ROUGHPARL)

(STOCK LEFT ON DRIVE SURFS = .01)

(STOCK LEFT ON CHECK SURFS = .011)

M754

M11

G01 G17 G90 G54.1 P2 B270. F36000. M03 S8000 <---- now it is broken

X1.7229 Y-.2463

M10

G43 Z.0053 H1 M8

G4 P1000

X1.7234 Z.0059 F24.

G00 Z.567 <------- now it is fine

X1.7219 Y-.2165

Z.1117

G01 Z.0117

X1.7182 Z.0073

X1.7158 Z.0053

X1.7096

X1.7103 Y-.1868

Chris

I tried your suggestion after this and all the feed rates went to several thousand ipm. I would assume this is inverse feed, but since I have never seen it I wouldn't know.

I will work on this later I need to find what I did to the post in that one area.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

What a @$$ clown. Next thing he'll be asking for is that all of his codes will be in order i.e. G0G17G20G40G49G80G90

I guarantee (unless your rotary table is DOG slow) the time saved is negligible. Next time he scraps a part, tell him you wish he had as much attention to detail related to making sellable parts than to how the code looks. eek.gif

Hey, I'm not saying this is the best thing to do, I know I wouldn't want to do this. I just understand there's some cases where you can't beat 'em and have to join 'em. It builds cases in the future where you can say you've tried it their way and it hasn't worked out, now let's try it mine....

HA! I know all about "those" people here as well. Wanting to spend 1 1/2 hrs. changing a process on a prototype 1pc. job to save 5 min. in run time! Argggh!

Just curious about the rotary issue...do you get any backlash when you are rotating both direcions? We have Nikken rotaries on Kitamuras and find that our repeatability is much better if we rotate in one direction as opposed to back and forth.

After 6 different varaitions of his post all backed up. The early model Makino A55 with a professional 3 control, now the machine is pausing between moves for about 20 secs between each line of code.

So I'm in the process of matching the g code to the g-zero post we had before. What a waste of all the features in the Makino control. It might as well be a Fanuc OM control at this point.

Today, the floor supivisor comes in and states I want all the easy part to program to be programed in G-Zero so the floor can tweak them in. When he stated this I was just thought this is why we can never run a repeat program with out having issues because the operator has mess up all the g-zero programs.

Thank you all for just letting me vent.

There are days I love my job and there are days I would just love to go back and be a setup guy. Now only if are old programmer would learn a CAD software.

Have a great night