Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Holder

smokey_44

I did searches and found some information on verifying with the holder on.I understand that the verify is using the file "holder.mcx" to define the holder , I have a couple of questions...Will there be some sort of "option" in X3 to use more than one file to define all tools used with different holders ? That would be great "holder1.mcx" for tool 1 and so on? or some option like that ? I use the HSM toolpaths with the option but I use the "OLD" toolpaths far more and want to see this option put in. I work in mold shop and always worried about holder collisions when programming at angles on horz machines. Seems like an easy fix ? Just a file name for each tool with a option to select which holder file to use.

Don't quote me on this but I think the 2D High Speed toolpaths might have the holder gouge checking like the current 3D High Speed does.

Maybe a Beta tester could chime in?

I also would like to see this. Then if I could just get the shop floor to pick up the right holder!

banghead.gif

+1

I would like to see something like that also.

What I've done is created holder1.mcx and holder2.mcx files to match our holder geometry. Then before verify I rename whichever holder to "holder.mcx". Sometimes have to verify twice if both holders are used and collision is a concern.

The high speed paths use different holder libraries with multiple holder profiles to choose from....X3 adds gouge check on the holder face to the already present body check....

beware of one thing: if you use same tool (i.e. -T1 = 1/2" endmill) in a conventional path AND HST

the "change" in holders may appear funky....