Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal Send Receive Question

Pziggy

Good morning, I have a fadal 4020 1990 model old software.. Just getting mastercam setup to communicate with the machine.

I am wondering what machine to select for the file transfer (send). There is not a setting for the Fadal. and for some reason when i select the fanuc it will not work.. I changed the settings to match mine for the baud rate and communication settings. What are you guys using?

Thanks for your time.

+ 1 on the cable.

I found the sketch for the cable on the fadal site. for the parameters I use 7,e,1 and 9600 boud rate. if you want to increase the speed above they recommend the cable be shorter. I think 10 - 15 feet. if you run at the max baud then shorter than 10 feet. I think this is more critical on the older machines. I still use 9600.

I would make sure to buy the shielded cable and the good metal connector covers. I have never had a problem with the cable.

good luck

billy

Funny thing is we have it working with EditCNC (we currently use Pro-E Manufacturing) with the settings 7,e,1, and 9600.. I am not sure why it doesnt work. Is there multiple places to change these settings. Maybe I am missing a Key piece of this puzzle.

Thanks for the welcome..Glad to be here. spent the last year on Pro-E .. good to be back.

If you are using X2 MR2 try using the Cimco editor to send instead of the Mastercam editor

go into settings >> config >> start/exit and forom the editor drop down change it to Cimco, repost and set your comm settings and try that instead

hth