Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Question

JAMES GABEL

HI Robert,

My question is how do you get X+ to work for a custom set up that was created instead of the generic one it comes with? I do not know how to map/route/direct it to search for the correct excel and input the info into the proper cells on the excel spreadsheet that we have created instead of the generic one that was provided.

No reason to map/route/redirect.

There are two files required to be in the X+ directory:

xxx.XLT and xxx.XSS

The XLT file is your Excel template

The XSS file is what saves the dialog box settings.

X+ looks for an excel template (xlt) with the same name as the xss file. That way you can have an excel template for each xss file

Macros in the xlt file control the placement of the info that X+ spits out. That is the key to customizing your setup sheets.

I have placed samples in the FTP under X2_Add_Ons folder. the files are Mill Setup Sheet.XLT and Mill Setup Sheet.XSS

If you study the macros, you will see what happens. The main sub is at the bottom, and calls the other subs in order.

The last sub called, format_logo, deletes sheet1 which I use as a temporary scratch sheet during placement. Sheet1 is where all of the info comes in prior to moving to other sheets.

To see where X+ initially places the info, rem the sub calls from the format_sheet sub to keep from formatting.

That will keep all of the stuff where X+ initially places them.

Then to see what the subs do, run the macros individually (may even step them) in the following order:

code:

format_seqtable             ' SequenceTable position and format

format_tools ' Tool Table position and format

format_screenshot ' Screen SHOT position and format

format_logo ' Logo position and format

You can then see what each sub does.......