Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change At Point Problem

NeilJ

I am saying I dont believe the resource to get the info is there like it is here. Not just with any other software, but I dont think that anyone could compile a users manual to teach everything that you can do with MCAM. It would need to be industry tailored mold guys will use things job shop guys will never come across, and aerospace guys will never encounter the need for the features of some of the other guys. So where is line drawn.That was my point. Bottom Line was you got it figured out, and everyone who read this topic probably learned something as well. I did. This is one of them things for ex. 10 years CAM programming I never cut any pocket I needed to change feedrate like this in that manner.

"Bottom Line was you got it figured out, and everyone who read this topic probably learned something as well. I did."

In my opinion:

Most Mastercam users won't admit that have no idea how to really use / fully use many of the tools in Mastercam. The same can be said for other CADCAM software users.

Most who think they are expert CADCAM users aren't.

Those who I would consider to be expert users admit to only knowing say 75 percent of Mastercam or less and don't consider themselves to be expert Mastercam users.

Jon, I actually agree with the above statement fully. I consider myself a good user (at 3D milling with 4th axis experience) not even close to expert and only good at what I do. I prolly use less than 50% (only because I am tackling our lathe now)of Mastercams capabilites.

quote:

Often when you make a change to a point you will also make a change a little further on to return to the original feed or speed.

Yes...I was hoping that it would change the entities I selected, and would leave the unchanged entities at the programmed feedrate.

In the example from the op, I selected only the radius', hoping the straightaways would go unchanged.

• 13 years later...

More on... ahem "Moron"... Change at Point features. 

I cant tell you how many times I've had a surfacing path nearly exactly how I wanted it with the exception of one gouge or move that I either change manually in the code or 
found a different toolpath to work with, which is time-consuming.  One way I've nearly found to fix it without any hand editing is to Save the toolpath geometry, and convert it to a 3d contour with compensation off.   It would be fantastic if I didn't get the error.  "1) Warning - 3D contour (w/ comp. in computer off) does not output change at point information. Change(s) will be ignored.  This prevents me from changing some of the rapid moves that are converted to feed back into rapids using "Change at Point"; and forces me to fix the code manually.  If anyone has any workaround to this it would be great to know.  Also the wireframes keep their color filtering.  I wonder if, even better, there is a  way to mask the movement type (Rapid, Approach, Cutting Feed) based on wireframe color.