Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RS232 with fanuc

MIKE_B

Hi all

I am trying to send a program to the machine but I'm having problems. I have no problems sending to the 16i control. But when I try and send the same program to my 31i control I am getting an alarm. The program I am trying to send has all of the subs in it as well. At the control I just press read then exec without labeling any kind of program#. Press tranfer from pc and all programs go into the control.

Any ideas why I am getting an alarm on the 31i control?

Thanks

Mike

Steve

I can send all other programs to the 31i control with no problems. Just this one that has my main program and all the subs in one file will not go in. So I'm thinking it might not be an IO problem. But I've been wrong before biggrin.gif

As I stated above with the 16i control everything goes in fine. headscratch.gif

Steve

Yes % at the top and bottom only. I'm not sure what you mean by reserved program numbers. In the 16i my main program goes in as O0000 and the subs O0001 thru O0009. I then just alter my Main program number. All the programs are listed seperatly in the control directory under the numbers above.