Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I move operations between

g-codeguy

separate files? Have a center drill, 4 drills, and a bore that are the same on another part. Tried the "HELP" file, but no help. Wrong search words on my part?

Had I thought about it in time, I could have made the necessary changes to the original part, and saved it with a new name.

I believe I've also read that you can save operations for later use. Don't know how...yet. smile.gif Can you save several operations in the same file?

Thanks.

IN the Operations Mangler, with a machine def loaded, right click >> import.

Then navigate to the folder that the file is in that you want to ops out of, then you can pick the ops you want from the window

importops1.png

importops2.png

importops3.png

importops4.png

Hit the Green Check to load the ops, then after they are loaded REMEMBER to hit the RED X, to exit.

If you hit the green check again you'll get the OP's again.

Success...in a way. Have to open up each operation (using parameters), and close it without doing a thing in order for the drills to work correctly. Had to re-pick the boring tool geometry in order for the boring bar to work. Why?

Program # and part number in the Toolpath were the same for all operations when I imported them.

I did discover that I can click on the plus sign to expand the folder options UNTIL I GET TO THE LAST FOLDER. At that time I have to double click on the folder otherwise I don't get a list of the drawings. Tried it a couple times to double check.

Guess no one has any ideas as to why I have to open each drill operation to get it to work, and reselect the geometry for the boring bar to work???

Guess it isn't a very good option after all. Easier if I save the operation as a default, and then modify the drill depth if necessary.