Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moving a part on a horizonal

connormac

I'm learning to program from centerline of tombstone. It works great like all of you have said. BUT, what if you have everything all set. you know from centerline to bottom of part is 4.25 + part height plus .100 so you don't run over jaws. this comes out to 5.931". Then the parts were sawed up .05" shorter than called out. Now the part doesn't clean up. I move the part in .05" but that doesn't change the numbers in operation manager. Is there a easy to change all numbers .05". Or am I still not programming it quite right? confused.gif

Program your depths in incremental

This way they are in relation to the part, so the location of the part does not matter. If you program absoute depths, then the values are inrelation to the zero

even if you program from center rotation you should have offsets on each face, so drop your B0 face in .05 to clean up and andjust x+.05 on the right face offset and -.05 on the left face coordiante. if you use G10 lines in the program you can adjust them this time but do not ovewrite the original because next time it will take to much off