Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DXfin problem

DH

Hi

when I DXfin on Mastercam ( Dxfout from MDT4), I lost many entities. I don't know why? I also have another problem, let's say, I already program tool #3, but this tool at station 16 in tool magazine, so i just right click on tool #3 to get Define tool, and I change tool#, Station #, Holder #, all to 16, but i check in tool parameter, Len. offset is still 3, not 16. Can you please help me out? Thanks

Hi DH, don't know about the DXF thing (I personally don't like DXF and whatever format MDT4 saves in I'm sure there is a MC converter for it).

As for your tool numbering, if you change the tool number in your tool library it will not effect the tool number in any operation you have created, unless you get the tool from the library again after changing it. If you have "Assign tool numbers sequentially" selected in "Job setup" it doesn't matter what you number the tool in the library, if it is the 3rd tool selected it will be tool 3 with an offset of 3.

Recapped- change the tool to your desired number in the tool library. Go into job setup and un-check assign tool numbers sequentially, go into op manager parameters and select your tool, your numbers will stick then. Enjoy-

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Basically, the only entities supported in DXF are lines, arcs and points. So, if you need things that are not among those entity types, then you'll either need to use IGES or if you've got V9 you can read the AutoCAD file directly (at no charge) and if you're running V8 then there is a niminal fee to have the privilage of importing AutoCAD directly. biggrin.gifwink.gif

Jim sufficiently covered the tool issue.

Hope that helps.

DH,

Use the explode command in autocad, then save as a dxf. This will give you most of the lost enities back. You may have to clean up the file a bit when imported.

The better option is get the autocad translator for v8 (its cheap) or go to ver 9 which has a even better translator for dwg and dxf. (its built in)

mikee

wink.gif