Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What version do I have?

Thad

I'll be attending the 4 day MC class next week and I'm trying to get v8.1.1 setup. I'm unclear on what version is installed. Using Alt+V, it says version 8 (1.26.2001), but in the upper left hand corner, it says version 8.1. Going through the MC box, there is an 8.1 CD in it and I would find it weird if it wasn't installed when it was received...however, Alt+V does say version 8. Before I execute the patches to 8.1.1, I need to make sure I have 8.1 first. Does the 2001 date mean anything to anyone? Are there any files in the install directory to look for that would tell me this? All of the installation files reference "80", not "81", such as "nhasp80.exe." There is a pdf file, a txt, and a doc file that reference 81, but no application files that I can tell.

Also, I have downloaded the necessary mill and design patches from the MC website, but I'm unsure if I need one of them. It's listed with the post dll files, and it's called Mpparam.exe. Do I need this or just the mill post patch?

Thad

How 'bout dem Wings!

Thad,

Alt + V will only show Version 8 in the corner, the date is the date of the executable. 1.26.2001 is for V8.1, just like it says in your upper left corner. Loading V8.1.1 patch should have executable date of 5.1.2001. There are patches on the web site you should download and install also that are post V8.1.1.

HTH