Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9 Solids problems

kccadcam

Has anyone else been having problems with solids in V9??

I've had multiple drawings crash on me.

I'll work on a drawing and then resave it, then try to call it back up and it will either give me all kinds of parasolid errors or completely crash Mcam9.

Kevin,

FYI, whenever you write a Parasolid file from Mastercam the "history" is not written with it. That's true of all CAD software using the same Parasolid kernel. Is your surface shading turned on as you attempt to work on the solid? A lot of the video card's resources are being used if the shading is on. Try to update the drivers for that video card. See if you can find a current mature Open GL driver for that card from the manufacturer's site. Have you increased your data allocations or kept them on the default values? It could be any number of things. If you are getting different results on different computers, than it isn't a software issue. HTH smile.gif

I've noticed that win2k and especially xp are very picky when it comes to open gl drivers.

But I'm also noticing some parasolids problems with saving files and calling them back up and them being corrupt,I originally thought was operating system related but now I'm not sure.

Same thing on different computers, but only sporadic. confused.gif