Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pocket projection failure

Zero

I just put a file on the ftp called PROJECTION FAILURE.MC8 in the MC8 Folder. There's some geometry and 2 surfaces. When I try to generate a Surface/Project from a 2D pocket MC crashes every time. Can somebody else try this and see if you get the same thing happening?

Thanks

I got it to work fine.

Now are you trying to get it to project to the concave side or the convex side.

you have 2D on the bottom of the surfaces.

I will post my copy back on the FTP with the projection on it.

I project your path by the way.

It is the same name file but like I alwas do added CADCAM to it. cheers.gif

[ 06-14-2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Thanks Jay. Weird.... I added a few tweaks to your toolpaths to get what I wanted and regenerated it without any problems. I was doing the same thing you were and MC generated errors and closed every time. In fact the original file I still have here will still crash MC. But your file won't.

I think this happened before too with a transformed toolpath that would make extra moves that gouged the part. And I believe that you (or someone else) had just regenerated my toolpath without changing it and it came out fine.

I think my cpu is angry with me or something.....

Thanks again cheers.gif

[ 06-14-2002, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Hi Zero, consider reloading Mastercam from another CD. Back in the days of ver 6.1 I had some strange results on a Flowline toolpath, went to dealer and tried it on his machine - worked fine. Dealer gave me another CD. Reloaded it and no more problems.

BerTau smile.gif

Zero,

Try running the ramsaver utility from the File menu on the file that still crashes. There may be a corrupted enitiy in the original file.

I think ramsaver is a holdover from the old DOS

days but it has cured many problems for me particurally in the lathe module.

I tried the ramsaver utility & it didn't work. Still generates errors and shuts down. The files that jay & scott generated seem to be fine. No problems regenerating those toolpaths or writing my own project with the files they sent back. Did either of you get a corrupt entity warning bringing the file in?

I am still pushing for a new MC disk. Preferably V9!