Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

do you use FBM?

George Gerhard

Hello

I did a search on this, but the answers were vague.

I would like to ask users of solids , do you use FBM mill?

I have been practicing on it, and though it works, I am afraid of the tool paths, as my customers cut wood the tool paths created will cause the wood to split on the ends.

Look forward to your answers.

Also I am needing a new notebook for mastercam and solid works, is the nvidia fx770m good enough, or do I have t spend the extra $400 for the 1700m?

many thanks

George

I have used it a few times and if you think you are going to use it alot with the same kind of features...ie strange configurations of holes like hydraulics and whatnot... it will save you considerable time when you set up the library properly.

A few models that I have brought in have 250 plus different holes and to mask on arc and window them again and again on different planes can take time.

The milling I have not used as much and was not happy with the results ...unfortunately Im an old programmer and set in my ways so when I see something that isnt right I fiddle with it untill I get the results I need or abandon it alltogether and go back to basics

Adjust your depths cut depth to something you would normally use and it may look better, as well you may want to take off "contact tool engagement" just to see your "standard" toolpath, but I would suggest keeping it on in the long run when you want to machine.

As of the initial release, FBM will be limited in functionality for many people, however I've talked to a number of people who are eager to start trying it for their work, and as with every feature it's going to get better with time, so I'm really looking forward to advanced functionality in it