Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bug List

Mjölnir

In the days of yore a list of bugs which were fixed used to be included with each Mastercam update. After installing X3-MU1 just a little while ago, thank you very much by the way!, I did a quick browse of the Mcam directory tree and only found the .pdf file which describes enhancements made to the software.

Am I missing something or are fixed bugs just no longer documented?

[ 12-03-2008, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Anubis ]

The fixed bug list doesn't seem to consistantly come out with each release. As someone who has submitted ~15 bugs to QC, I look forward to seeing if they got fixed with each update. When it *is* included, it's usually at the bottom of the What's New file.

+1 to a fixed bug list with EVERY release.

Thad

This info was documented in X2-MR2 in the 'What's New' .htm file.

Nothing at all for X3 or X3-MU1 in the 'What's New' .pdf files or any other document.

Having this information would be incredibly helpful as it would aid greatly in determining which version of Mastercam to use for the particular type of work at hand since all versions as of late are severely broken in one way or another.

banghead.gif

quote:

Having this information would be incredibly helpful as it would aid greatly in determining which version of Mastercam to use for the particular type of work at hand since all versions as of late are severely broken in one way or another

I'm still using X2 MR2 SP1 for all 2 1/2 axis mill work.

For surfacing work I'm using X3 MU1. Graphics performance in X3 MU1 blows away X2 MR2 SP1. It's not even close. Surfacing toolpaths also seem much faster and more robust in X3 MU1 and Solid Verify / .STL files in X3 MU1 also have far better performance than in X2 MR2 SP1.