Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Way Cover Repair

Dan Schnars

I've got a set of y axis way covers off of one of our Doosan 6025's that apparently had a vise dropped thrown who knows onto them - operator has amnesia as to how they got dented that badly... at any rate, they bound up and came apart so I had to order a new set to keep the machine running.

Does anybody out there repair damaged way covers? I think these could be salvaged and kept for an emergency vs. just throwing them in the dumpster... We just don't have time to try to do it here...

Thanks!

-Dan Schnars

Morning,

Sorry to the bad news. We had a cover go out on us when a part fell on it same thing here (i don't know it happen) we took it off and bended (hammered) it back in place but we did ordered a new one, but it did work until a new one came in now it's a back up now.

Just think everyone loves a hammer!

Murraymold - Thanks, I called them and got them all of the information they need... I'm still looking for a few other options just to shop around a littleif anybody else knows of anyone...

Rob K... Yes, I am still at JGR... I wish I had found this place 10 years ago it's an awesome place to work... And it's kind of fun trying to whip on the Fords too... How is everything with you?

We just had the "Y" Axis covers replaced today on our Hardinge vertical mill. We bought them from Hardinge but had Action Machinery install them. Took about three hours. The machine was filthy under the old guards and the repairman did a thorough job at cleaning it out and doing a nice job.