Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Selection order

MattW

I just upgraded from X2MR2 to X3MU1, and I swear selection method has changed. I am trying to draw a rectangle on the top surface of a solid, and my file has my vises, jigs, and clamps in it. It sure looks like it is selecting from the back of the model. Since there are lots of holes and endpoints, that are hidden, that are getting selected before the endpoint on the top, and first, edge. I can't find a setting for this. I would actually like to not be able to select anything that wasn't on the screen.

I have all that stuff separated on different levels, but if I have a single solid with fillets on it visible, MC wants to select anything other than the endpoint I would like, i.e., arc midpoints or centers, when I am close to the end of one arc, it wants to select the other endpoint, etc....

I just turned autocursor off for everything but endpoints, arc centers, and points, and that seems to help. I sure would like it to not select items that aren't visible, though. There is a setting for this in Solidworks, but I can't find a similar setting in MC.

This may or may not be related but did you know that if you are picking solid edges or faces there is an icon on the general selection tool bar that says "pick from back"? This will cause it to see through the front face and select the back face instead. Any time I use this feature I try to remember to set it back to normal right away other wise it stays on and I don't notice it 10 minutes later banghead.gif

I should mention the file is mostly solids, I am trying to add wireframe. If my view is shaded, I do not want to select anything that is behind shading. I think it used to behave that way, although I am not certain. I can't find a setting for this, if it is available.