Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Positive TLO's

Jim Whipple

I need to drill a 1/8 dia hole 3.812 deep. Not a problem except my tool offset is positive. The tool is above where the tool change location is. When I post the program, Mcam does the G54 x and y moves prior to picking up a G43 to read the TLO....Being relatively new to MC, I was wondering what I'm not seeing here, or do I just need to manually edit the program to call the length offest earlier??

Thanks for the help

Jim Whipple

NDT Engineering

Seattle Wa

Danger Will Robinson:

I often put parts into my machine which are too large for the machine to accept at the tool change height.

What you are doing sounds to me like a crash waiting to happen. If the spindle has the ability to move to a point higher than Z0, ie positive tool length, why don't you just move the axis zero to the same point as the Z+ axis limit.

Another word of advice. Don't use an M6 toolchange. Manually change tools, and just call the tool length without the M6

That's was funny

quote:

Danger Will Robinson

Sometimes I add an extra drilled hole in a --safer-- x,y location, at the correct hight, then light edit it after posting.

For me this just makes it easier to see, as well as recording the work that is out of the envelope.

[ 06-24-2002, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

I just edited the prog and it runs fine

(1/8 DRILL TOOL - 3 DIA. OFF. - 3 LEN. - 3 DIA. - .125)

N122T3M6

N124G0G90G54X.135Y1.25S6000M3

N126G43H3Z.1M8

N125G0X.135Y.25

N128G99G83Z-3.813R.1Q.03F3.

N130G80

N132M5

N134G0Z1.M9

N136G91G28Y0.

N137G28Z0.

N138M30

%

I was just wondering if there was a way to use the clearance function on the parameters page to effectively do the same thing

Sorry for the long post

Jim