Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Accurate Time Estimate

Mr. Wizzard

I use the backplot time estimates and compare them with actual run times. As far as i know, i have all feedrates, rapids, and tool changer time accurate in the machine definition. Some program backplot times are within minutes of actual run times, while others can be off an hour or two. Does anyone know of any way to get a consistent, accurate run time estimate from your programs?

confused.gif Thanks, in advance.

There is no perfect way for this that I know of. You would have to consider the Acc/Dec settings, 5-axis feedrates, etc. on the machine to get extremely accurate.

AFAIK Mastercam does not have that capability, I have always used it as an approximation.

I would guess the ones that are close involve motion that does not have alot of drastic direction changes on toolpaths or multiaxis toolpaths.

I find that the backplot time becomes less accurate when you're surfacing. I've also found that when you're tapping and you have you feed set to IPR it throws the time way off.

Are you tapping in theses programs?

If so try backplotting without the tap and see what you get.