Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wire Power Library

MachineSMMC

• 2 years later...

New to this post, has anybody made the transition from PcFapt Cut to Mastercam X5 to program Fanuc Wire EDM's?

We just made the transition and are having a hard time trying to figure out how to transfer our cutting Techs into Mastercam. Most of them are already on the machine but we would like Mastercam to post something similar to what we were getting from PCFapt, like the G10 Statement at program start which included all of the machining tech parameters (voltage, wire tension, feed, off/on time, etc) like this:

G10P0X1Y1Z6U12V230W10I5J5K1A130C10E15Q0L34

As you can see we have a total of 14 variables controlling all of the cut during program operation. Biggest problem so far is Mastercam only has space for 10 registers when trying to build a new cutting tech library. Besides that, on PCFapt any change to material thickness will automatically change cutting tech values but I expect that to work thru the mastercam cutting tech library to be build.

I found the AGIE.dll User C'hook included on the Mastercam Install to be very close to what we are used to for a user interface from PCFapt such as having drop down menus for all fanuc machine types, work piece material, Wire diameter, # of passes, etc.

Is it hard to modifiy a C'hook? How would you approach it? How about the cutting tech libraries, any way to import them from one software to the other? Just trying to avoid having to type them all up again and would like to stay the way we were doing it coming from the program itself rather than having to type the info into the machine for every program.

Thanks in advance!

I never understood why someone needs all the power settings in their program when its so easy to just register them on the fanuc wire edms. The technology is so close on the machine it seems like a lot of work to modify your power library.Thats just me I guess.